Mac and Cheese with Steak
1 lb elbow macaroni
1 lb round steak
1 lb velvetta
1 medium onion
1 large can of stewed tomatoes (buy diced if you can find it..or you could buy 2 reg cans)
Get everything ready before you before you start cooking.
1. cut the steak up into small pieces
2. dice the onion
3. cut the cheese up into smallish size pieces so it will melt easier. (if you put the cheese in the freezer for a little bit it stays a little firmer longer)
4. drain the tomoatoes and dice up into small pieces(dont have to do if you buy diced, just drain)
Start cooking, it does not take long!
1. put the water on for the macaroni, put in a little salt. use a big pot so in the end you can mix it all together in this one pot.
2. put a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the steak and onion together. keep moving it around the the onion does not burn.
3. when the water boils put in the macaroni. dont overcook it.
4. when the steak and onions are cooked add the tomatoes and heat through
5. keep warm until the macaroni is done
6. when macaroni is done, drain it
7. add the cheese to the macaroni and stir until the cheese melts as much as it can
8. add the hot steak mixture to the macaroni and the rest of the cheese will melt.
*if you have leftovers put a little bit of milk in the macaroni before you warm it up and it will be creamy again*
California Water H2O Challenge 2018
5 months ago